Confused about how to hold your life together while you’re stuck inside your house? I’ve put together this Quarantine Survival Guide to break down exactly what you need to know to handle every aspect of your life right now and support your overall health!
- Focus on whole foods and a nutrient-dense diet. Reduce processed foods as much as possible for maximum nutrition. A diet high in processed, refined foods lowers immunity.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Eliminate refined sugars – these dampen your immune system, raise your blood sugar, and stress your adrenals.
- Focus on healthy fats and proteins. These are the essential macronutrients and will get you the most bang for your buck in terms of maximum nutrition for less food overall. They also store longer than other foods. There are plenty of shelf-stable fats like coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, nut butters, seed butters, nuts and seeds, etc. that you can keep in your pantry. You can buy extra proteins to store in the freezer as well as canned fish & chicken.
- Add in organ meats if you can – these are nature’s multi-vitamin!
- Winter squashes & sweet potatoes store for a very long time out of the fridge – these are the longest-lasting vegetables. Cruciferous veggies last longer than other non-starchy veggies in the fridge.
- Stock up on frozen veggies & fruits!
- Shelf-stable foods that are good to have on hand – collagen, Nuzest protein powder, organic loose leaf tea, Four Sigmatic elixirs, EnergyBits algae, Paleo Puffs, 100% dark chocolate, freeze-dried fruit, nut butters, raw nuts & seeds, Barukas, Lara Bars, Bulletproof Bars, Primal Kitchen Bars, Epic Bars, Chomps sticks, Epic Pork Rinds, unsweetened apple sauce, grain-free granola, canned fish & chicken, sugar-free beef jerky, Marigold Bars (I have discount codes for many of these on my shop page)
- Meal delivery: Balanced Bites Meals, Paleo on the Go, Model Meals
- Food delivery: Thrive Market, Butcher Box, US Wellness Meats, Vital Choice
- AHCC (use code “wellness” for 10% off) – immune boosting functional mushroom supplement
- Organifi Immunity (use code “CRW” for 15% off)
- Sovereign Labs Colostrum – supports gut & immunity
- Further Food Collagen (use code “wellness” for 10% off) – supports gut & immunity
- EnergyBits Algae (use code “CRW” for 20% off) – supports detoxification & immunity
- Four Sigmatic Chaga (use code “CRW’ for 15% off) – supports immune system
- Ned Full-spectrum Hemp Oil (use code “wellness” for 15% off) – relieves anxiety / depression
- Just Thrive Probiotic & Ultimate IGG (use code “christina15” for 15% off) – immune support
- Colloidal Silver – immune support
- Oregano Oil + On Guard from doTERRA – supports immunity, kills off pathogens
- Vitamin C – immune system support
- Zinc – immune system support
- Vitamin D / K2 if deficient (do not overdose) – immune system support
MAKE SURE YOU GET 8-10 HOURS OF SLEEP!
TRY TO GET OUT IN NATURE / SUNLIGHT WHENEVER YOU CAN.
- Frequent dance parties
- Mini treadmill
- Vibration plate (use code “CRW200” for $200 off)
- Adjustable dumbbells
- Booty Bands
- Resistance Bands
- MAPS Fitness Programs (use code “wellness” for 10% off)
- MAPS Anywhere – only need resistance bands & a broom
- MAPS Anabolic if you have heavy dumbbells at home (check out this post for how to do this program at home)
- MAPS Starter if you have dumbbells at home and are just beginning resistance training / don’t lift heavy
- CRW Member home workouts – can do these with bodyweight only or with dumbbells
- Yoga with Adrienne
- Walks outside
- Pacing indoors to get in some more steps if you’ve been sitting for a long time
- Walk around while you check your phone, listen to messages, etc.
- Cultivate a relaxing morning and evening routine
- Stick with a daily schedule that maximizes productivity – play with different “routines”
- Allow yourself to slow down
- Daily journaling
- Read a chapter in a book every day
- Work on your passion product
- Build your online business (NOW IS THE TIME.)
- Learn a new skill (YouTube, Udemy)
- Listen to podcasts to learn new information
- Daily meditation
- Daily breathing practice
- Prioritize connection with whoever you are with – schedule FaceTime dates
- Be creative – color, draw, write
- Laugh a lot – funny memes help
- Play games – board games, card games, etc.
- Minimize news sources
- Avoid any content on social media / newsletter subscriptions that stress you out – mute people
- Grounding mat
- Acupressure mat (use code “CRW” for 15% off)
- Energy healing – reiki, breathwork, hypnotherapy, etc.