There is nothing like a quality meatball. Am I right, or am I right?
There are a few things that make the perfect meatball, though. One is the quality of the meat, and the perfect balance of texture and flavors.
The second is the sauce. Meatballs are much better with a sauce, don’t you think?
Chimichurri is one of my favorite sauces to make because it’s uncooked, which means it’s very fast to pull together and lasts longer in the fridge if there are leftovers. It also truly goes with anything, so you definitely want to have a staple chimichurri recipe in your back pocket.
Did you know that chimichurri comes from Argentina? And that there is a red version and a green version? I knew nothing about chimichurri until about a year ago, but now I know! I’ve actually never had a red chimichurri, but the green one has definitely stolen my heart.
This dish packs a big punch with flavor but takes hardly any time to pull together! It’s got a little bit of a kick thanks to the savory spices, which pair perfectly with the fresh herbs!
If you love rich, smoky dishes with a lot of depth, this is for you! These meatballs are bursting with South American flavors that are to die for and are sure to impress anyone.
This is also a great dish to meal prep ahead of time, because you can make the meatballs quickly and store them for later, and store the chimichurri sauce in the fridge in a separate container.
These two are an absolute dream paired together, but they’re also incredible when served separately as well. You can eat the meatballs on their own, or add the chimichurri sauce to another dish if you’d like! That’s why this is so great for meal prep – you can use the components to mix and match for different meals!
This recipe is paleo, low carb, and keto-friendly. You can pair it with any vegetables you’d like – but I think it goes especially well with zoodles or leafy greens!
Paleo Chimichurri Meatballs
Yield: 20 meatballs
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 an onion, minced
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups packed parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400*F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mince your onion and garlic. Mix all of the beef ingredients together in a big mixing bowl.
- Scoop the meatball mixture into balls. Add the balls to the sheet pan, and bake for 12-15 minutes (or until a thermometer registers 160*F).
- While the meatballs are baking, add all of the chimichurri sauce ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. If you need more liquid to process, add a tad more olive oil and / or vinegar. Scrape the sides as needed, taste to see if you want more seasoning, and feel free to adjust if needed.
- After the meatballs are done baking, serve with the chimichurri sauce!