I’ve always had a major sweet tooth, but I definitely go through phases of what kind of sweets I crave. In winter I usually want chocolate, heavier baked goods, and deep spices, but when it’s hot out, I love something fruity, light, and refreshing!
I love this Paleo Strawberry Cream Tart because it’s just that! It’s plenty sweet without being too overpowering, and it tastes like strawberry shortcake got turned into a pie.
There are three simple parts to this recipe – the crust, the cream filling, and the strawberry topping. Each piece is very simple on its own, but when you put them together, MAGIC HAPPENS!
The crust is the only part that needs to be baked, and not for very long. It will come out with juuuust the right texture – firm but not too hard. You can use either honey or monkfruit as the sweetener, depending on if you want the dessert to officially be “sugar-free” or not. If you choose to use monkfruit for a low-glycemic option, you can use either the extract or granulated monkfruit!
The cream layer is light and airy to balance out the crust, and it acts as the ideal foundation for fresh strawberries on top! The gelatin in this recipe is what gives the cream that perfect texture. High-quality gelatin is also great for healing the gut, supporting the growth of hair, skin, and nails, and aiding in muscle recovery, so it’s a win all-around!
Lastly, the delicious layer of strawberries ties everything together. Since strawberries are naturally sweet, they don’t need much adjustment! To layer the strawberries, I recommend starting from the outside of your tart and working your way inward to create nice layers. That being said, feel free to layer them however you want!
This is a great dessert if you want something fresh, light, and simple. It’s perfect for a daytime event or an evening gathering, and it’s something everyone will enjoy!
I highly recommend this tart if you’re in the strawberry shortcake mood but don’t want to make a full cake! This takes much less baking and is pretty much foolproof all around. Simple ingredients with a classic flavor – what else could you want?
You will need to make this tart ahead of time, though, since it needs time to set. Either give yourself a few hours before you want to serve it to make sure it has plenty of time to chill in the fridge, or make it the night before.
This dessert is also a great option because it keeps well! Just store it in the fridge if there are any leftovers… although I highly doubt there will be.
If you love simple paleo desserts, definitely add this to your lineup. It’s the ideal light, refreshing treat for anyone who doesn’t want to work too hard in the kitchen and loves fruity, fresh flavors!
Paleo Strawberry Cream Tart
Yield: 10 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Set time: 1 hour
- 5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp honey or 1 tbsp monk fruit extract
- 3 cups of coconut cream solids from canned coconut cream (will need 4 large cans)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. Grease a 9-inch tart / pie tin with coconut oil.
- To make the crust, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, honey or monk fruit (whichever you’re using), and melted ghee until it reaches a creamy texture. Whisk in the dry ingredients. The crust should be fairly crumbly but stick together when you mold it between your hands.
- Press the crust into the bottom and sides of the pan. Stab the crust all over with a fork a few times.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- When the crust is done, refrigerate it or allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature.
- While the crust is cooling, slice your strawberries lengthwise and place them in a mixing bowl with the vanilla and lemon juice. Mix everything together and set it aside.
- To make the cream filling, take the cream/solid part from the coconut cream cans and discard the liquid. Mix it all together with the vanilla until it’s smooth. In a separate bowl, mix the gelatin and hot water together with a whisk until there are no more clumps. Next, mix that into the coconut cream. Once that is whisked together, put the cream filling into the crust. Top the cream filling with strawberries.
- Let the tart since in the fridge for 30 minute to 1 hour to set. Enjoy!