This recipe is one of my go-to’s whenever I want something quick and easy that’s also “different” (not just meat and veg), and tastes like dessert. I WANT IT ALL!
The texture is somewhere between an oatmeal and a porridge, depending on how thick you make it, but there are no grains, and it’s low-carb! What gives this recipe the bulk is cauliflower rice and protein powder. Yup – you’re getting a serving of veggies in here!
The key with this recipe is Nuzest protein, specifically, because you can make “protein fluff” with it. What does that mean? Well, all you have to do is mix Nuzest protein powder with the right amount of liquid, and suddenly you have a delicious pudding.
I love to eat Nuzest protein fluff as is, but I realized that it could have more of a porridge-like texture and far more volume (shoutout to my fellow volume eaters out there) if I added in something neutral, like cauliflower rice!
This recipe is super simple to make and takes hardly any time at all. If you already have cauliflower rice prepped, it’ll take you 3 minutes max.
Per usual, the best part is the decor (a.k.a. toppings). Choose whatever toppings you want – nuts, seeds, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, nut butter, seed butter – whatever your favorites are! This recipe is paleo, vegan, low-carb, high-protein, and great for any time of day.
Paleo / Vegan Protein Pudding
- 2 scoops Nuzest Vanilla Protein Powder (Regular Vanilla or Digestive Support Protein)
- 1-2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup filtered water or nut milk
- Toppings – nuts & seeds, nut butter, cacao nibs, etc. ( I used Barukas and coconut butter)
- Cook your cauliflower rice either by steaming it, roasting it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350*F, or sauteeing in a skillet for 7-10 minutes.
- Put your 2 scoops of Nuzest into a small bowl. Slowly pour water / nut milk in, 1 tablespoon at a time. As you add in the liquid, stir with the protein powder. Keep adding liquid bit by bit, continuing to stir, until you reach the consistency of pudding.
- Pour in as much cauliflower rice as you’d like. Stir everything together.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!