Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Brian Sanders is the filmmaker behind the feature-length documentary Food Lies and host of the Peak Human podcast. He graduated from UCLA with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and then turned to technology and sold an app company. He’s used his technical background and love for fitness & nutrition to also work as a Health Coach and be the co-founder of the health, media, and technology company SAPIEN.
In this episode of Wellness Realness:
- 8:45 – How Brian’s parent’s health influenced his journey
- 17:13 – Brian’s experience cutting out grains
- 21:30 – The two ends of the spectrum for optimal health
- 28:50 – What is the Sapien diet?
- 29:40 – Going full carnivore diet
- 35:06 – Animal-based versus ketogenic
- 42:55 – Nutrition argument against veganism
- 47:08 – Keto or carnivore leading to high LDL cholesterol
- 55:05 – Environmental argument & veganism
- 1:02:55 – Ethics & veganism
This show is supported by:
- Four Sigmatic | Head to foursigmatic.com/crw to check out all of their products, and use the code “CRW” for 15% off all purchases on their site!
- Further Food | Visit furtherfood.com and use code “wellness” for 10% off all products.
- IG: @food.lies
- Website: SAPIEN.org
- Twitter: @FoodLiesOrg
- Podcast: Peak Human
Connect with Christina:
- Learn more: christinathechannel.com
- Personal IG: @christinaricewellness
- Secret IG: @wellnessrealnesscrew
- Wellness Realness IG: @wellnessrealnesspodcast
- Wellness Realness FB Group: bit.ly/WRtribe
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions