Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Dr. Will Cole, leading functional-medicine expert, consults people around the world via webcam at drwillcole.com and locally in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing health programs for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal dysfunctions, digestive disorders, and brain problems. Dr. Cole was named one of the top fifty functional-medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is a health expert for Mindbodygreen and Goop. Dr. Cole is the author of the book, The Inflammation Spectrum in which he explores how inflammation exists on a spectrum within the body, the various systems it can affect, and how you can discover your individual food triggers to overcome chronic inflammation. He is also the author of Ketotarian in which he melds the powerful benefits of a ketogenic diet with a plant-based one.
In this episode of Wellness Realness:
- 8:40 – About Dr. Cole’s work & why he went into functional medicine
- 11:50 – The importance of holding space for patients
- 14:45 – How Dr. Cole’s philosophies have evolved personally & professionally
- 22:25 – Dr. Cole’s view of the carnivore diet & using it with his patients
- 27:20 – Orthorexia, disordered eating, anxiety, and shame stemming from the vast amount of info about food
- 31:40 – The development of an eating disorder from a health issue or autoimmune disease
- 34:55 – What is inflammation?
- 40:12 – Looking at the gut and brain – some lesser-known signs of inflammation
- 50:42 – Where to start if you know you’re inflamed
- 58:13 – Whole foods that could create inflammation
- 1:02:44 – Supplements to help decrease inflammation
- 1:04:10 – What is helminthic therapy & Dr. Cole’s thoughts on fecal transplants
- 1:09:07 – The connection between exercise and inflammation
This show is supported by:
- BLUblox | Head over to blublox.com and use code “WELLNESS” for 15% off your pair of BLUblox blue light blocking glasses.
- Further Food | Visit furtherfood.com and use code “wellness” for 10% off all products.
- Wild Foods | Go to wildfoods.co and enter the code CRW for 12% off your order.
Connect with Dr. Cole:
- Inflammation Spectrum Quiz: drwillcole.com/inflammation-spectrum-quiz
- IG: @drwillcole
- Twitter: @drwillcole
- FB: @doctorwillcole
Connect with Christina:
- Learn more: christinathechannel.com
- Personal IG: @christinaricewellness
- Secret IG: @wellnessrealnesscrew
- Wellness Realness IG: @wellnessrealnesspodcast
- Wellness Realness FB Group: bit.ly/WRtribe
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions