Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Cyrus Khambatta and Robby Barbarro are the co-founders of Mastering Diabetes. They have been living with type 1 diabetes for over 15 years and have been successfully controlling it using plant-based nutrition. They discuss how a plant-based lifestyle has fundamentally changed the quality of their lives and debunk myths regarding nutrition, exercise, low-carb diets, intermittent fasting, gestational diabetes, and insulin resistance. Robby and Cyrus are sharing must-have info regarding immune-boosting foods and exercises, as well as lifestyle habits and practices that those with or without diabetes can put into practice today!
In this episode of Wellness Realness:
- 8:20 – Cyrus’ story of developing type 1 diabetes and the positive effect of going plant-based
- 25:50 – Robby’s diagnosis of T1D and the effect of following a plant-based, ketogenic diet after a standard American diet
- 36:30 – How to transition to a plant-based diet including when you have gut dysbiosis
- 45:40 – Looking at the science versus anecdotal evidence for various diets
- 57:37 – How the greatest improvement of insulin resistance is through a low-fat, plant-based diet
- 1:06:40 – Are hormones affected when you reduce your fat and cholesterol intake?
- 1:12:53 – What causes insulin resistance and how to reverse it
- 1:26:15 – The difference between raw foods versus cooked foods on insulin sensitivity
This show is supported by:
- BLUblox | Head over to blublox.com and use code “WELLNESS” for 15% off your pair of BLUblox blue light blocking glasses.
- Let’s Get Checked | Visit trylgc.com/wellness and use code WELLNESS for 20% off.
Follow Robby and Cyrus:
- Book: Mastering Diabetes
- Website: masteringdiabetes.org
- Instagram: @masteringdiabetes
- YouTube: Mastering Diabetes
- Podcast: Mastering Diabetes
Connect with Christina:
- Learn more: christinathechannel.com
- Personal IG: @christinaricewellness
- Secret IG: @wellnessrealnesscrew
- Wellness Realness IG: @wellnessrealnesspodcast
- Wellness Realness FB Group: bit.ly/WRtribe
Join the UPLEVEL Monthly Membership by visiting christinathechannel.com/membership!
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions