Kara Collier is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Nutrition Support Clinician with a background in clinical nutrition, nutrition technology, and entrepreneurship. After becoming frustrated with the traditional healthcare system, she helped start the company NutriSense where she is now the Director of Nutrition. Kara is the leading authority on the use of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) technology, particularly in non-diabetics for the purposes of health optimization, disease prevention, and reversing metabolic dysfunction. Kara oversees the health team and product development and has personally interpreted thousands of complex glucose datasets.
In this episode of Wellness Realness:
- 13:40 – What is insulin resistance and the factors contributing to it
- 20:15 – Physiological insulin resistance and a high fat diet
- 26:20 – Signs and symptoms of insulin resistance
- 33:25 – How nutrition, stress, and sleep affect fasting blood glucose
- 41:05 – Exercise for insulin sensitivity
- 49:30 – Tips for intermittent fasting and extended fasting
- 59:50 – Numbers to monitor when using a CGM
- 1:05:18 – How low carb diets can affect blood glucose levels
This show is supported by:
- Paleovalley | Visit paleovalley.com and use the code WELLNESS for 15% off!
- Four Sigmatic | Head to foursigmatic.com/crw to check out all of their products, and use the code “CRW” for 15% off all purchases on their site!
- Learn more: nutrisense.io (use code CRW to get $25 off your subscription)
- IG: @nutrisenseio
- The Pod Course: thepodcourse.com
Connect with Christina:
- Learn more: christinathechannel.com
- Personal IG: @christinaricewellness
- Secret IG: @wellnessrealnesscrew
- Wellness Realness IG: @wellnessrealnesspodcast
- Wellness Realness FB Group: bit.ly/WRtribe
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions